Sunday, September 22, 2013

BAH HUMBUG GRINCH PUNCH ART

Hi Stampers,

Today I'm bringing you the Grinch. This is going to be the theme of Christmas this year. I've never really had a theme and I thought with the grand babies being a little bigger and more observant now, I'd do a little something fun!

This card was really fun to make. I might even make it my Christmas card this year! :-)  




The Bah Humbug is a grinch font that I downloaded from the net for free from Dafont. I really trust them for PC or MAC.

The Grinch face I Grimmicked from Mainly Flowers. The layout of the grinch came from those snowmen that are layered onto cards which have been around forever. That gave me the idea for the grinch.

Stampin up supplies:

boho blossoms punch, ornament punch (head), 
cupcake builder punch (eyebrows, pupils)
modern label punch (nose), hand drawn mouth, Owl punch (eyes); use the circles above the owl body.
Pennants punch (hat) For the white trim, I punched the bottom of the scallop, then trimmed and put it back through only upside down and punched scallop again.  
2 1/2" circle punch
3" circle die
Old Olive, Real Red, So Saffron, Whisper White, Basic Black card stock.

Other supplies:
brick embossing folder
stackable small scallop circles 3rd and 4th ones in from either direction. :-)

For the fireplace hole, I used the 3" circle die only partially. I made a black one first and didn't quite put the card stock all the way on the circle, then I lined the black template back up with the red, pulled the black away and trimmed the red through the big shot. I hope that makes sense. I used both pieces and the one fit inside the other. I'm thinking a little yellow flame might have been nice for ole' grinchy pooh!  (grinch grin) 

Please ask me any questions you would like. I don't mind. :)
I hope I covered all the bases!!

Happy Crafting!!