Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Open Sea & Tri-layering or Triple Layer Stamping

Hi Stampers,

Today I'm starting the morning off right! I've stamped a tri-layer card. I've always wanted to do one of these and they are really simple. I think I'll be making a lot more of them this year.

The measurements for these cards are:

Green card stock base normal size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" folded ( orig size 5 1/2" x 8 1/2")
Then you get a mat base (almond CS) 4" x 5 1/4"

second layer green CS is 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"
Almond CS 3" x 4 1/4:

third and top layer is green CS: 2 1/4" x 3 1/2"
Almond CS (smallest layer on very top)  2" x 3 1/4"

Next you'll want to put your almond CS back together, layering them on top of each other. Lining them up the best that you can, I used my fingers to hold them in place carefully each time I stamped. You will see a space between the layers that isn't stamped only because the rubber won't reach in that far. Don't worry though, your green CS will cover this up.

Next I randomly stamped images from The Open Sea, one of my favs, then I inked the edges with a sponge and the same color of ink used. (night of Navy).

Last I taped them in order from bottom to top. Carefully positioning them on top of each other.

I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial that's only all over the internet. :D  Happy New Year!

p.s. I will add a proper saying and probably some colored twist (kite string) for embellishments when  
       the time comes.