Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Dora is Done! And cute too!

Hi Stampers,

well, it's crazy how life happens around us sometimes. A little bit of life happened here. Not too bad but bad enough. I won't go into details. Just wanted you to know why I've been away lately and didn't complete my card for you last week.

I was all excited to share Dora with you too. :) My blocks are 6 1/2" sewn on the 1/2" mark and cut to the 1/4" mark. The back is a very pretty dark hot pink with white polka dots material. Super cute!
I followed the paper diagonal sewing trick and used a walking foot. Singing "life saver"!!  Any questions, please ask me. I don't mind. Oh yeah, I pinned, pinned, pinned!!! I also used a 45 x 60 warm and natural from Hobby Lobby at 40% off coupon. Toot toot!!

Take care. Love your family. Tell them you love them. Cherish every minute with them.

Be back soon with a card…I hope.

Enjoy!

PS: when snipping your rag quilt, Fiskars hand squeeze scissors are the best. They are tough and will cut through 4 layers if you need them too.  Those little snips that are sold by counters, those are just for snipping thread. :)