Thursday, January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR! HERE'S THE FROZEN QUILT AND MY CHRISTMAS CARDS!

Hi Stampers and Stitchers,

I didn't realize it had been a month since I posted. I have been very busy with the grand kids and the holidays. I will try to be more attentive this year. :-)

Here is a Frozen quilt that I made for a friends 4 yo daughter. I got the idea for the snowflakes from the accuquilt die cuts. I used my Cricut explore to cut each of them out. The material was from the frost line  and fairy frost white with glitter was used for the snowflakes and  I appliquéd them on to each square. If you have any questions, please ask. I'd be happy to answer them for you.

Next is the Christmas card I used for 2014. The idea came from the internet. I lost track of where I found it and thank you to whomever had the idea.

Stamp supplies:

Cardstock:  Real Red, black, and very vanilla
Ink:             Garden Green
Stamps:       Lovely As a Tree, Watercolor Winter Too
Other:        printed paper, Star brads, and Red Sheer Ribbon; all from Hobby Lobby, a square punch
                  was used to make the end of the banner



The borders were done in blocks. The height of the borders are 9 1/2". I was following RXR last year and this gave me the idea for the size. I believe the width of the block is 8 3/4."  Do some math and figure out what you'll need from the length of your panel. I trimmed my panel down to the burgundy stripe and then used that stripe as part of the seam allowance.  Get your grid paper out and be creative!